The Surrey Food Bank is currently looking for a full-time 1-ton Diver / Warehouse Assistant. Reporting to the Logistics Manager the Diver / Warehouse Assistant is responsible for pick-ups and deliveries of food donations and other products from our donors. This includes calling on regular and occasional donors, loading, unloading trucks and assisting with warehousing all food & products. The position requires strong interpersonal and customer service skills as you will be interacting with a variety of donor’s as well as liaising with both staff and volunteers.
- must be physically fit and capable of continuously lifting up to 50 lbs of weight
- truck driving experience (1-ton cube van required;, larger vehicles an asset)
- clean driver’s record (driver’s abstract and ICBC accident history reports will be requested)
- good verbal and written communication skills
- strong customer service skills
- able to work independently without supervision
- knowledge of Surrey, North Delta and Lower Mainland
- criminal record check required
- forklift certification an asset but we will train
Please respond with your resume and cover letter to the Logistics Manager by August 12, 2015, via:
- email to Logistics Manager
- Fax - 604-588-8697
- Mail - 10732 City Parkway, Surrey BC V3T 4C7
No in person or telephone inquiries will be accepted.
We appreciate all who are interested in the position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.