The Surrey Food Bank (SFB) is currently looking for a Warehouse Manager. Reporting to the Director of Internal Resources, the Warehouse Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of the SFB warehouse and food distribution; the safe and effective operation of the warehouse; management of warehouse, distribution and trucking staff; maintenance of the warehouse itself, SFB vehicles and all warehouse equipment, logistical operations relating to donor acquisition and food industry relations.
- Warehouse operations and supervisory experience
- Knowledge of WCB Safety regulations
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Current forklift operator’s license (sit down and stand-up/reach)
- Inventory control experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Patient, hard-working, high energy
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Ability to succeed and excel in a very busy work environment
- Valid BC Driver’s License and Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Experience driving 1-ton and 5-ton trucks
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office software
- Experience working in the non-profit area an asset
- Experience working with volunteers an asset
Please respond with resume and covering letter to the Director of Internal Resources by November 26, 2013 via:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax – 604-588-8697
- Mail - 10732 City Parkway, Surrey BC V3T 4C7.
No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
We appreciate all who are interested in the position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.