The Surrey Food Bank is currently looking for a full-time 5-Ton Driver. Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the 5-Ton Driver will be responsible for pick-ups and deliveries of food donations and other products. This includes calling on regular and occasional donors, loading, unloading and assisting with warehousing all food & products.
The Surrey Food Bank (SFB) is a highly regarded, trusted and critical not-for-profit agency providing food for families in Surrey and North Delta in a respectful and dignified environment. The SFB is the second largest food bank in BC and is seen as a leader in the food banking community. In the fastest growing BC community it provides expanded support services connecting clients with a range of community services. What began as a temporary solution to a temporary problem has grown into an energetic, well-respected organization meeting the increasing demands of Surrey’s burgeoning population.
- Preference given to those with experience driving 5-ton (required) & 3-ton trucks
- Preference given to those with prior warehouse experience and those with fork lift certification, especially narrow aisle lifts
- Must be capable of continuously lifting up to 50 lbs of weight
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to handle a very busy work environment.
- Valid BC driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Experience working with volunteers an asset.
- Criminal record check will be required.
Please respond with your resume and cover letter to the Logistics Manager by 4:00PM, October 19, 2018 via:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Fax: 604-588-8697
- Mail: 10732 City Parkway, Surrey BC V3T 4C7
No in person or telephone inquiries will be accepted.
We appreciate all who are interested in the position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.