Most Needed Items
The Healthy Plate – Our top eight most needed food items
- Canned protein (Fish & meat)
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables
- Meals in a Tin (e.g. Pork n’ Beans or Stew)
- Whole grain rice
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Healthy canned soups
- Baby formula (large cans)
Download The Healthy Plate, our top needed food items list.
We are happy to accept fresh produce. Farmers and large food producers, please call us and ask for our Logistics Manager at 604 581-5443, loc 108 to arrange for pick up or for delivery to our depot.
Tiny Bundles – Most needed items
General Supplies Needed
- We always need powdered formula! Large cans preferred so families receive a one-week supply
- Larger sizes are in short supply. Size 4 to 6 are preferred.
- We often need food for babies older than six months.
- Baby Jar Food
- Fruit, Meals and Vegetables (both large and small jars).
Layette supplies needed
The Surrey Food Bank welcomes each new-born baby with a gift. We welcome donations of items to include in the layette and ask for brand new items only, please.
Helpful donations (for newborns − 12 months )
**Please remember our clients are low-income. Consider providing bottles that do not require liners
- Baby blankets – receiving or warmer blanket.
- Baby toiletry items e.g., lotion, shampoo, Vaseline, baby oil or powder
- Baby bottles (large or small)
- Baby toy
- Winter wear, e.g., sweaters, booties, mitts, hats
Consider holding a baby shower with friends, family or colleagues to collect baby supplies.
It’s A Party
When the baby turns one, we provide a gift as they graduate from our Tiny Bundles program to Toddler Totes and change to a regular fourteen day distribution schedule.
Helpful Donations (for 1 to 2 year olds)
- Toddler eating bowls or utensils
- Sippy cups
- Clothing outfits size 12-18 months
- Toiletry items e.g., baby body wash, lotion, soap
- Beginner toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Small toys
- Sweaters, mitts or gloves for 12 months to 24 months
You can also consider sponsoring a Tiny Bundle. For only $50.00 per month you can help feed a little one in our community. Sponsor a Tiny Bundle Today!
For further information on our Tiny Bundles program, please contact our Manager of Client Services.
**Please note: Items must be new. Food cannot be expired**