Most Needed Items
The Healthy Plate – Our top eight most needed food items
- Canned protein (Fish & meat)
- Canned fruit
- Canned vegetables
- Meals in a Tin (e.g. Pork n’ Beans or Stew)
- Whole grain rice
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Healthy canned soups
- Baby formula (large cans)
Download The Healthy Plate, our top needed food items list.
Tiny Bundles – Most needed items
General Supplies Needed
- We always need powdered formula! Large cans preferred so families receive a one-week supply
- Larger sizes are in short supply. Size 4 to 6 are preferred.
- We often need food for babies older than six months.
- Baby Jar Food
- Fruit, Meals and Vegetables (both large and small jars).
Layette supplies needed
The Surrey Food Bank welcomes each new-born baby with a gift. We welcome donations of items to include in the layette and ask for brand new items only, please.
Helpful donations (for newborns − 12 months )
**Please remember our clients are low-income. Consider providing bottles that do not require liners
- Baby blankets – receiving or warmer blanket.
- Baby toiletry items e.g., lotion, shampoo, Vaseline, baby oil or powder
- Baby bottles (large or small)
- Baby toy
- Winter wear, e.g., sweaters, booties, mitts, hats
Consider holding a baby shower with friends, family or colleagues to collect baby supplies.
It’s A Party
When the baby turns one, we provide a gift as they graduate from our Tiny Bundles program to Toddler Totes and change to a regular fourteen day distribution schedule.
Helpful Donations (for 1 to 2 year olds)
- Toddler eating bowls or utensils
- Sippy cups
- Clothing outfits size 12-18 months
- Toiletry items e.g., baby body wash, lotion, soap
- Beginner toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Small toys
- Sweaters, mitts or gloves for 12 months to 24 months
You can also consider sponsoring a Tiny Bundle. For only $50.00 per month you can help feed a little one in our community. Sponsor a Tiny Bundle Today!
For further information on our Tiny Bundles program, please contact our Manager of Client Services.
**Please note: Items must be new. Food cannot be expired**