Events & Communications Manager
The SFB is currently seeking an Events & Communications Manager to work as part of a close-knit team to coordinate event logistics and fundraising activities such as food drives, community festivals, 3rd party events and the annual Surrey Food Bank (SFB) fundraiser, Breakfast With the Bank. As well, the Events and Communications Manager will maintain public relations displays, provide regular updates via SFB social media, maintain the development and marketing aspects of the SFB website, prepare documents for donor recognition and proactively maintain and update donor information for events and initiatives. A flexible schedule is mandatory as evening and weekend work will be regular occurrence based on attendance at scheduled festivals and events.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Hold a diploma or possess equivalent experience in event management, communications or marketing.
- Demonstrate excellent planning, organizational skills in prior endeavors.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate proficient skills in MS Office applications; possess a working knowledge of website management, social media use and prior experience with Adobe InDesign.
- Demonstrate through prior activities that you can work both as part of a collaborative close-knit team as well as demonstrate the initiative to work on your own.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- A criminal record check will be required for employment.
Please respond with a cover letter highlighting your applicable experience and skills along with your resume to the Executive Director via:
- Fax – 604-588-8697
- Mail – 10732 City Parkway, Surrey BC V3T 4C7
Deadline for applications is 4:00 pm Friday, August 9, 2019.
No in person or telephone inquiries will be accepted.
We appreciate all who are interested in the position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.