The Surrey Food Bank is currently looking for a full-time Warehouse Assistant. Reporting to the Logistics Manager the Warehouse Assistant will aid the Logistics Manager, Manager of Volunteer Resources and Distribution Coordinator in all aspects of the warehouse operation and food distribution to clients liaising with both staff and volunteers in addition to providing relief coverage for our retail food recovery drivers.
- Preference given to those with prior warehouse experience
- Forklift certification is a requirement, preference given to those with narrow-aisle lift certification.
- Preference given to those with experience driving 3-ton & 5-ton trucks.
- Good verbal & written communication skills mandatory.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to handle in a very busy work environment.
- Valid BC driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Experience working with volunteers an asset.
Please respond with your resume and cover letter to the Logistics Manager by 4:00, November 2, 2019 via:
Fax – 604-588-8697
Mail – Unit 1 – 13478 78th Ave, Surrey V3W 8J6
No in person or telephone inquiries will be accepted.
We appreciate all who are interested in the position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.