By Appointment Only
PLEASE NOTE THAT EVENING DISTRIBUTION HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED.
We ask that all clients who use our Evening Depot services, to access regular distribution Mon – Tues and Thurs – Fri from 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM.
If you cannot access food bank services during this time, we ask that you send someone on your behalf.
The Surrey Food Bank distributes food in the evening at our Whalley location every second Thursday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. This time is specifically designated for those individuals who are working or attending school during our regular hours. Clients must provide proof of schedule e.g., daytime work schedule or daytime school timetable in order to register.
Please contact our Client Services Manager for additional information via email or 604.581.5443.
- Unit 1 – 13478 78th Ave, Surrey
- Hours of Operation
- Alternate Thursdays from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
All clients wishing to pick-up food at any of our community food banks must register and become a client before receiving assistance. The following are the required documents and information that you will be expected to provide.
*Please Note: You will be asked to update your information once every 6 months.
To register, each adult in the household will need:
- Picture ID
- This would be official, government issued identification, such as a drivers license, BC Identification, passport, status card, Canadian immigration papers or landed immigrant card.
- Proof of Address
- You must prove that you live in either Surrey or North Delta with an official piece of mail with your name and address on it. Such items as telephone, hydro or cable bills are ideal.
- Proof of Low Income
- From every adult receiving any source of income in your household, you must provide a copy of a recent cheque stub, EI cheque, or salary slip or a recent Accommodations & Allowance print out from the Social Assistance office which will confirm income and address.
- Proof of Dependents
- You must provide the physical Care Cards for each person in your household.
- All clients must provide their own bags and/or boxes to get your food home. The Surrey Food Bank is not able to provide ANY bags and/or boxes.
- We are CLOSED on all statutory holidays. Notices will be posted well in advance, but please be aware of our hours.
- If the scheduled depot falls on a statutory holiday, please call our offices for the re-scheduled depot day.