Registration Information (see below for other languages)*
Our food, both purchased and donated, is for low-income residents of Surrey, North Delta or Cloverdale. All clients must live north of 40 Avenue in Surrey, North Delta or Cloverdale, provide proof of address, proof of dependants as well as proof their income falls below the low income cut-off (LICO).
If you live south of 40 Avenue, please go to the Sources – White Rock/South Surrey Food Bank (604) 531-8168.
You must book an appointment to register the first time you come. Please contact us at 604.581.5443 for an appointment time.
COVID-19 and Your Safety
Like many other organizations across Canada, and around the world, the Surrey Food Bank is working on protecting the health and safety of clients, volunteers and employees is a priority. We continue to pay close attention to the impact of COVID-19, and as a result we are taking proactive measures to ensure the continued well-being of everyone at the Surrey Food Bank.
Please remember physical distancing protocols when waiting in line. We are asking that everyone sanitizes their hands prior to coming into the food bank. Hand sanitizer will be provided prior to entry, or you may use your own. Masks are not mandatory at this time, however we ask that everyone respect the BCCDC guidlines, and wear a mask when [hysical distancing is not possible. For all clients who are not well, we ask that you do not come to the food bank. Please use our Third Party Pick-up option. Call Client Services at 604.581.5443 X 105 for more information.
Please note: You will be asked to update your information every 6 months. This is done only between 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM on your distribution day.
If getting to our Newton location is difficult you may pick-up your food from one our other distribution centres.
If you need transit information on how to get to our main location, you can download the information HERE.
To register, each adult in the household will need:
- Picture ID
- Please provide official, government issued identification, such as a driver’s license, BC Identification, passport, status card, Canadian immigration papers or landed immigrant card.
- Proof of Address
- Please provide an official piece of mail showing you live in Surrey or North Delta. Telephone, hydro or cable bills are ideal.
- Proof of Low Income
- Every adult receiving any source of income in your household must provide a copy of their income (pay cheque, Employment Insurance, Assistance, Disability Benefits, pension etc.)
- Proof of Dependents
- You must provide the physical Care Cards for each child in your household.
*Please Note: You will be asked to update your information once every 6 months.
- All clients must provide their own bags and/or boxes to get your food home. The Surrey Food Bank is not able to provide any bags or boxes.
- We are CLOSED on all statutory holidays. Notices will be posted well in advance, but please be aware of our hours.
- If the scheduled depot falls on a statutory holiday, your alternate pickup days will be printed on your hamper ticket the visit prior to the holiday. Please retain this information for reference.
Our registration requirements are available in other languages