Seniors Distribution for 65+
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SENIORS DEPOT
We will be temporarily suspending Seniors Distribution.
All seniors can access food bank services during Tiny Bundles distribution, which is Wednesdays between 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
Seniors ages 65 plus have a dedicated distribution time to collect their food in a respectful and non-rushed environment. We offer a suitable choice of nutritious foods such as high protein and low sodium options to encourage the best possible nutrition.
In addition community organizations with senior specific programming are regularly on site to share information about available services.
Seniors are welcome alternate Wednesdays from 1:30 to 3 pm at which time we have peer volunteers on site to ease their experience. They are also welcome to join us earlier in the day at Chuck Bailey Rec Centre for a community social hour which includes coffee, nutritious snacks and the good company of their peers.
For more information please contact our Client Services Manager via email or at 604.581.5443
- Unit 1 – 13478 78th Ave, Surrey
- Hours of Operation
- Alternate Wednesdays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
All clients wishing to pick-up food at any of our community food banks must register and become a client before receiving assistance. The following are the required documents and information that you will be expected to provide.
*Please Note: You will be asked to update your information once every 6 months.
To register, each adult in the household will need:
- Picture ID
- This would be official, government issued identification, such as a drivers license, BC Identification, passport, status card, Canadian immigration papers or landed immigrant card.
- Proof of Address
- You must prove that you live in either Surrey or North Delta with an official piece of mail with your name and address on it. Such items as telephone, hydro or cable bills are ideal.
- Proof of Low Income
- From every adult receiving any source of income in your household, you must provide a copy of a recent cheque stub, EI cheque, or salary slip or a recent Accommodations & Allowance print out from the Social Assistance office which will confirm income and address.
- Proof of Dependents
- You must provide the physical Care Cards for each person in your household.
- All clients must provide their own bags and/or boxes to get your food home. The Surrey Food Bank is not able to provide ANY bags and/or boxes.
- We are CLOSED on all statutory holidays. Notices will be posted well in advance, but please be aware of our hours.
- If the scheduled depot falls on a statutory holiday, please call our offices for the re-scheduled depot day.